Monday, June 23

Progress

We decided that we've had enough of trying to coerce E. to go use the potty when he evidently needs to, or might need to, only to have no success, followed by a dirty diaper 5 minutes later. So, we decided, it's time to put the whole process in his hands. If he asks, we'll change him, or go with him to the bathroom. Today ... he wore the same sopping wet diaper from the time he woke up, through the morning when it became dirty, and into the afternoon. Finally, at nap time (which we have re-instituted, as it is difficult to get to bed on time with the late summer light), he asked for a change. Progress!

At my stained glass class tonight, I continued working on building a lampshade. I cut 32 usable pieces tonight. Progress!

I pushed enough piles and boxes out of the middle of the living room that I could vacuum. I even vacuumed the hairy stairs. Progress!

R. had his first day of summer school - he's taking phys. ed. Summer school gym class is much cheaper than camp ... and we are *finally* getting him out to interact with his peers. Progress!

We'll take it day by day.

3 comments:

Phyllis Sommer said...

this is beautiful - if we can look at each step as progress, it makes the whole seem so much simpler to accomplish...

"Tae's Mom" said...

Hahahaha... I still remember whey R was getting potty trained. I think JP tried to charge him per diaper. I recall that didn't go over too well.

Good luck... with everything.

Lilian said...

oh dear, potty training is *really* difficult, I agree. I hope E decides that he wants to do it soon. It's really annoying. Linton still wants me to go with him to the bathroom every time he pees. As for pooping -- he still asks for a diaper, and Kelvin did that until he was over 4.5. :-( sigh.