Friday, June 27

Ten Minutes

Prompted by Jena, here I go:

Feeling exhausted, don't really know why. Too much sugar today? Or perhaps it's the punctuation after the unusually restful previous two days while E was visiting his grandparents and there were only two (humans) under four feet in the house (and two felines).

Feeling untethered, craving connection, but too tired to write, just surfing instead, visiting all you wonderful people, but almost too tired to leave comments, being voyeureuse, lurking instead. Why not get off, at least connect with the one other human in this house who is conscious?

Feeling a bit stressed I suppose. Vacation is supposed to be happy and fun. I suddenly realized that our laid back trip is coming up very soon, and no plans have been made, or at least they haven't been finalized. One must make plans, right? And charge up the portable movie player for the drive. And bring the tent. And get someone to care for the cats. And we'll only be gone 5 days and staying at the family cottage, but still ...

I am still making progress. The work room is getting more organized. Soon, I may actually be able to work in there, to cut some glass, make some progress on my project. But it feels good even just to put a few more things in order.

V is delightful at five months, eating sweet potatoes, rice cereal, and pears, playing in his jumperoo, on his baby gym, and sometimes, still, only wanting to be held. He has started to delight in baths, only an inch or so of warm water in the tub, sitting (with help) or lying down, splashing, cooing, giggling, and squealing with delight. His delight is my delight.

Didn't succeed in not editing this post, but at least I didn't edit it much.

I've been wanting to say, though, and haven't figured out how to change my profile quite the way I want it, that I go by rocketmom here, but my name is really Cheryl.

7 comments:

Sky said...

hi, cheryl. i am sky(lar). we live in the pacific nw where life is glorious, even in winter's rains. :) i found your and your hubby's blogs while surfing a while back and followed your move, etc. it is nice to meet you and to learn more about your family.

beth said...

Hey Cheryl...
Beth here from moredoors...

If you ever need blogger help {like with "rocketmom"} let me know and I'll try to walk you through it...

and thanks so much for your nice comments !

jena strong said...

Cheryl, welcome to you. Ten minutes at a time.

xo Jena

Lilian said...

Glad to know your name's out :-)

(and even gladder that I already knew it, thanks to my previous exchanges with AD)

This name thing is tough. I just couldn't beat not blogging under my first name and although I feel ambivalent (and sometimes even worried) about using the boys' names, I still do.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
The thought of taking a trip . . . The thought of taking a trip that I have to plan . . . The thought of taking a trip that I have to pack for, clean for, arrange house and dog sitters for, rearrange summer plans for, the thought of . . . remains just a thought around here!

Mika said...

Nice to hear your name Cheryl.

"Tae's Mom" said...

Sorry about missing you guys during our trip out to mesquiter-land. We were in La Crosse Monday and Tuesday and then we were off to the airport.

It probably was a blessing we didn't meet up. The baby ended up with croup that week... caught it from a relative on Saturday. It was all very scary and a big mess.