Tuesday, August 26

Savoring Summer's End

In the mornings recently, a deliciously cool breeze blows through our bedroom window, reminding me of the cool weather around the corner. By afternoon, the heat sets in, encouraging me to daydream about just which location would be right for a nice shade tree.

The Composer, in his own baby way, has captured this cusp of the seasons; he loves chewing on watermelon rinds and apple cores.

In a furious frenzy to pack in all the fun that we can before school starts, we've been, in the past week, to the museum, the beach, the movies, and apple picking. We sent the Painter off to visit with his grandparents for a few days, allowing me the presence of mind to remember to call the preschool to which I have been interested in sending the Inventor. As a result, I will now be sending two of my babies off to new schools in the next few weeks.

Suddenly summer seems too short.

2 comments:

"Tae's Mom" said...

I just put Tae on a Pre-School waiting list. I am thinking of putting him on another one. GOSH, it is so expensive! For the first time, I really appreciate what a service "Head Start" is for people who need it. We are looking at a grand a month. Good thing I still have three more years with my little baby!

I hope you enjoy some alone time with V... even if it is for a little bit.

Anonymous said...

And your writing has matured.