Thursday, May 8

Today

Inspired by Shelli at Mama of Letters, I'll be trying to write a few words about each day. Some of them will be here, some may be kept exclusively in my journal. Here is my first offering.

Spring is in the air. Beautiful multi-hued tulips bloom in the backyard: frilly yellow ones with red striping and miniature white ones with pink tips intermingle with reds, yellows, pinks, and one purple beside the basement window.

Boys run along the paths at the nature center as if in a giant maze, until we stop and see two beavers swimming in a small pond. They might have been muskrats.

I talked with Grandma today. She still has some leg and back pain after last year's surgery, and seemed to want company. We will go visit her Sunday, for Mother's Day (mom & dad will be there, too). I learned from Grandma that it will be a day for housework, too, if the weather cooperates.

2 comments:

beth said...

I love anything to do with words...it's amazing how they make you think !
Instead of a new years resolution this year, a bunch of us picked words instead...something that we knew we could actually stick with.
My word is SEE and I even have it on a necklace as a reminder for those days where everything seems foggy and blurry in my head even when the sun is pouring through the windows.
And now after this miserable winter, I can actually SEE spring.....not a ton of it, but it's there !!!
Thanks for sharing !

Shelli said...

I'm so flattered someone is actually doing this with me! I've been pretty good about keeping it up in my journal at night, although I think I forgot one day this past week. But that's better journal-keeping than I was doing before!!

Thanks!