Saturday, December 15

Front Porch

(not raw, but half-baked)

A bird serenades me
the warm sun caresses my skin
an airplane drones its path from here to there
parrots cackle.

The buzz of a large insect catches my attention
When I open my eyes I discover instead
a hummingbird has come to visit the bird of paradise.

Cars hum along their concrete path,
not knowing I am here.

A bit of music wafts on the breeze.

Leaves, brown and dry
rustle on their limbs before
fluttering to the ground.

Wind chimes tinkle and
the rope clangs
against the flagpole
across the street.

An old man rattles past
pushing a walker
his leg bound
in a large bandage.

Mysterious specks of light
(dust, pollen, rain?)
drop from the trees
to the ground.

Baby rolls over
tells me to sit up straight
and breathe.

Flower stalks waver in the wind.

Cars drone on,
the road rumbling with their passing.

The breeze tickles my toes and
cools my cheek.

And the serenade is back.

Live now with me baby
soon you will know these wonders on your own.

Linked to Wrapped Emotions, The Gift of Every Minute.
This moment was a gift to me this week.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

This is awesome! Your descriptions of all the sights, sounds and feelings surrounding you, show how well you were truly in the moment!

Shelli said...

Beautiful.

bella said...

This moved me.
YOur words were like dancing.
What a world this baby has waiting for it, and how lucky this world is to have this baby.

jena strong said...

This is beautiful - and brought me back to the tenderness of my second pregnancy (no third here!). I came to you via your comment on Karen's blog and am glad to have found you!

Might I humbly suggest you consider Burlington, Vermont?!

Best,

Jena

Mika said...

Beautiful. I miss being pregnant. When you are you feel you will be forever, and then we quickly forget what it was like.

Lindy said...

Wow - that was pure music : ) So glad you posted it at WE!