Tuesday, March 4

Leaping

I still worry, but that doesn't mean I need to change my mind. Worry, too, is part of me.

We have made our decision. We are making our arrangements. Two adults, three boys, three cats, two vehicles, and a truckload of stuff will be moving soon to Wisconsin, an hour from my parents, and hour from my brother, an hour from my grandmother, aunts and uncles, two hours from the other grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins, to the land of much snow this winter and affordable housing, to a community we don't know, but will become a part of, and a place we will call home for several years.

In the end, it is a practical decision. We find two things in our new home that we can't get here: affordable housing and proximity to family. There is one thing here that we can't get there: my job. I can always get another job.

We bring our hearts and our love with us.

5 comments:

beth said...

wow...I just found your blog from the comment you left on bella's blog..."beyond the map" and to my amazement...you are moving to wisconsin.

That's where I live, too !!!
We've been here 2 years now and this winter about did us in !!! But it's great here in the summer !!

Welcome !!!

If you want, you can email me and we can talk about your move..and which part of wisconin you'll be in.

This was our 13th move in 21 years...and it's not easy !!

Shelli said...

What a gorgeous house!! I wish you much luck on your move. I know it's stressful. Fear of the unknown and all. That's the worst. But, it'll be fine. You'll deal with whatever happens.

Cheryl said...

It's funny, but the thing I worry about and fear the most is how I'm going to tell the folks at work (once I have paid family leave checks coming my way), and the awkwardness I imagine I will go through to retrieve my office full of books & personal items and return this nifty laptop I have grown rather accustomed to.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a sanctuary to me! Here is another wonderful smart blogging mom from that part of the tundra: www.mominmadison.blogspot.com

Lilian said...

I'm glad you decided to leap. I do hope that the transition out of your current job is not as awkward and you imagine it will be.