Monday, March 24

Apologetic

I'm sorry this will be such a short post, but the Composer is hungry again.

I'm sorry I haven't written much lately, though there are many things I want to write about.

I'm sorry to be leaving newfound friends. I apologetically explain that it's not them that has made us leave.

I'm sorry to be leaving our few old friends in the area, even if they think we're crazy.

I apologize to the neighbors when I tell them that this is still a nice neighborhood, even if we don't choose it.

Although I haven't done it yet in person, I have, in my mind, a hundred times apologetically told my boss I won't be returning from leave. I'm sorry about the short notice, but you weren't expecting me back for a month anyway, were you? I'm sorry you'll have to find someone else to take over my tasks. I'm sorry I don't think this work is as worthwhile as you do.

I'm sorry I'll have to give back this computer.

I'm good at guilt. Now it is time for a new practice.
I don't need to apologize for being me.

9 comments:

ArticulateDad said...

That's good, because some of us like you... just the way you are. :)

beth said...

moving is so hard....but a new chapter in life is always worth reading !!!!

jena strong said...

I'm not sorry for you.

xo Jena

Shelli said...

You're forgiven.

bella said...

It's hard that to say yes to something new we so often have to say no to something else, leave it behind.
I'm glad you have this space here, to come and be your full self, without apology.

Anonymous said...

Promise you, the boss will let go of you (and not because you're less than terrific) in about two minutes.

Cheryl said...

Thank you for all the support.

Karen, it took less than two minutes.

Now I just need to do the paperwork with HR.

Cheryl said...

Bella, thanks for the reminder that I am really saying yes to something new. It felt a lot better to tell my boss "I have decided to stay home with my boys for a few years" than to say "I've decided not to come back after my leave."

Shawn said...

Yay! Congratulations on starting this very new chapter.

No sorries about it!