Friday, April 25

On my Mind and in my Heart

This kitty,
beloved by all in the household, is very sick. AD has taken her to the emergency vet in Milwaukee, after being referred by the local vet. She was never big, but now she can't keep food down, and has lost a lot of weight. Local vet says there is a "mass" in her intestines. The trip to Milwaukee is to find out if there is anything we can do.

We love you Mira.

Update 4/26/08:
The bad news: Verified lymphoma. Treatment focus is quality of life.
The good news: Otherwise, her health is good. After dosing with subcutaneous fluids and prednisone, she is perkier. If we can get her to eat and gain some weight back, she may stay with us a while yet.

Update 5/8/08:
Poor girl is very weak. If she wants to get on our laps, she might try jumping, but mostly just looks at us plaintively. She is still eating and drinking and asking to go out. So we indulge her, and let her eat tuna whenever she wants, sit on our laps even during dinner, and go out to sit in the garden in the sun even when the other kitties have to stay inside. Hopes of even a partial recovery are fading, so we just try to keep her as comfortable as can be and give her all our love.

8 comments:

Shelli said...

Oh no! I'm sorry. My kitty is sitting in my lap right now. She's been sneezing a lot, and I'm hoping she's okay. I do hope you can help your cat. Pets are truly part of the family.

Shawn said...

So sorry ... it's such a tough time, I know. Lots of hugs and kisses in the meantime and hoping for a big magical recovery.

Anonymous said...

Ah kitty. They always know when it's time, and they give us fair warning. Love almighty.

Lilian said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I hope she feels better soon!

bella said...

oh I'm so sorry.
I can tell just by looking at those eyes that she brings immense love to your family.
may you all take good care.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for your support. We're still waiting for some more test results from the vet. Like many cancer patients she has good days and bad days. Right now we are just trying to give her as much love and comfort as we can.

"Tae's Mom" said...

Miraaaaaa....I hope mamacita is comfortable and getting a lot of lap time. I am feeling such sadness, I can only imagine what you guys are going through. Buddy sends his love and strength.

beth said...

thanks for playing catch up and visiting me !!
hope all is well with you and your family.....and how is your kitty doing now ?

Sooo, the sun is finally shining in Wisconsin....are you all settled in by now ?