Wednesday, November 7

Beautiful Boys

Despite my frustrations and imperfect momminess, we have two beautiful boys.

The Painter is exhibiting a delightful curiosity. Last night during his bath, he asked,

"How can the water stay in the tub or go out of the tub just if we touch this button?" To which I responded with a mechanical explanation of the mechanism. "How can the water just come out of the pipes?" More explanation, including the sewer line and water treatment. "How do they get the pee out of the water?"

Later, "How can we feel when we need to pee?" "I don't know, honey."

It's a mystical world at 5 years old, isn't it?

-----

This morning, the Inventor climbed in bed with us. He snuggled quietly for a little while, and then announced "Dis is my middle finner," holding the middle finger of one hand with some grasping fingers from the other hand. "Dere are two finners on dis side and two finners on dis side." There sure are. How did you get so smart?

Next, he said something not quite comprehensible to my still sleepy mind, while holding his index finger. I said "that's your pointer finger." The Inventor corrected me, "No da's my mommy finner. Dis is my pointer finner" (grabbing the third finger on the same hand) "an dis is my daddy finner an dis is my [Painter] finner." Oh. I learn something new every day.

4 comments:

bella said...

I love those moments.
They make me laugh out loud and scratch my head. They make me think and wonder and fall in love.
You have very thoughtful and smart and sweet kiddos.

Cheryl said...

They are truly amazing. I love when I am able to give them attention, and enjoy.

Lilian said...

Oh, that's just sooooo cute! I wish I would write down more of those exchanges because I so often forget them later! ;(

Cheryl said...

I realized after reading so many other wonderful blogs that this is a good (and convenient since I sit in front of a computer ~ 40 hours/week) place to keep track of those cute things they say.