Thursday, November 15

Habitually

Thanks to Mika, I have been tagged for my very first meme. That's some kind of milestone, isn't it?
RULES

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Without further ado:

1. I wake up most mornings without an alarm. Unless you count the sound of the Painter jumping off his bunk. Or the pitter patter of the Inventor's feet. Or the cats scratching at the carpet.

2. When I drink coffee, I drink it fru-fru. With milk, or cream, and chocolate or vanilla or almond syrup and, when it comes from a bona fide coffee establishment, whipped cream on top, too.

3. Reading other people's blogs is quickly becoming an addictive habit. Have you posted something new yet? How about now?

4. Being late. Punctuality just isn't that important to me, although I make an effort for the sake of those around me. I'm amazed that we've actually managed to drop the Painter off at kindergarten on-time most days.

5. Procrastinating. I think most of my previous posts about habits relate somehow to procrastination. Sometimes there just seem to be so many better things to do than what it is I am supposed to be doing. Or, it will surely take a long time to do that, so there's no point in getting started right now. Or ...

... maybe I'll finish this meme later.

Tagging Lilian. You can use some more material for GloBloPoMo, right?

Updated to correct the spelling of Lilian's name. Sorry 'bout that!

4 comments:

LauraC said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Jon and I went through a lot of these discussions about where to live as well. We left Chicago for Raleigh when we planned to start a family. We have a completely different life in NC, one that we love, one that we always wanted.

Shawn said...

That's exactly how I like my coffee, too. Congrats on your first meme ... I'm not very good at them.

I've had to pair my list of blogs down a great deal due to too much reading and not enough writing ...

Cheryl said...

Laura,

Thanks for visiting me, too.

Shawn,

"Too much reading" is definitely a problem here, too, since I am committed to keeping my job at least a few months longer. Thanks for taking the time to visit!

L said...

I'll most certainly do this meme, thanks for tagging me, only I'll have to copy most items. Seriously -- 3,4, and 5 is just the very same with me :)

And about the name, that's fine RocketMom, I like double Ls and I don't mind them at all, it's just that my parents didn't put them in my name ;).