Thursday, November 8

Blog Stew

Where do you keep your links until you get around to blogging that idea that is brewing in your head?

Some of the things I write about just need to come out for my sanity. But sometimes they roll around in my mind for a while, brewing and stewing. I read an interesting article, and think that I want to address it, but feel that the post is not ready to spring forth full-formed from my mind. And then I see another post on a related topic. Ok, great, more fodder for the mill. But ... where do I keep this list of articles and links until I am ready to use them? Right now I have a half million (or a half dozen) tabs open in Firefox, so I can keep doing other things without losing reference to or intention to write about the articles I found so interesting. I could bookmark the articles, but I fear I'd never find them, since my bookmarks run off the page. (Well, Ok, I COULD organize the bookmarks but isn't that a little bit like organizing the junk drawer?)

Any tips for the bloggy neophyte?

4 comments:

bella said...

I am famous for writing notes all over the place, but then losing them. Recently, I put a notepad in my bedroom, living roof, office, kitchen, purse and car. then, wherever I am, I can write it out for later. Of course, I often write things and then when looking back over them have NO idea what i was thinking. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't use it, but that's what http://del.icio.us/ is for.

Lilian said...

Yeah, that's what delicious is for, but I've never used it either.

Hmmm, if these links are for future posts, you can create new posts and and save the post as a draft, what about that? Then, when you're ready to write the post, they'll be there.

Don't add them as a link, though, put the URL in the body of the post since the links only go live when the post is published. Then as you're writing your post you transform it into a link.

I don't know if this helps, but there you go...

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the tips.

Bella,
If I left notes around my house, I'm sure they would get up and walk away by themselves. Everything else in the house seems to do so. ;)

Karen,
I was wondering what delicious was, that and skirt and technorati and ... I'm sure I'll figure it out when I need to.

Lillian,
Thanks for the tip. AD suggested the same thing. So, I started writing that post with all the links, but it will take a while to put it in publishable form.